Volk Field is one of only four Air National Guard Combat Readiness Training Centers in the nation, and the only one that does not share its airfield with a civilian airport. In addition to its primary mission it is also an Aerial Port of Embarkation.
Training Center Mission IAW ANGMD 10.01: Provide a year round integrated training environment (airspace, facilities, equipment) for units to enhance their combat capabilities and readiness.
We support our mission objectives by:
- Enabling users to accomplish training which cannot be effectively accomplished or is not available at their home station.
- Establishing a training arena that approximates a deployed combat forward operating location.
- Providing a realistic setting for deployed Operational Readiness Exercises and Inspections (ORE, ORI).
- Providing other site-specific, unique training missions as tasked by the National Guard Bureau.
- Providing facilities and services to non-Air National Guard agencies on a non-interference, cost reimbursable basis.